Friday, 22 October 2010

Value studies & digital painting...erm witty title.. "Wish you were her(e)?"

Last couple of days i've been reading up on shading and texturing in Maya, nothing to show in 3d-age at the moment, mostly theory work I guess, next will probably be a coloured and properly rendered RedRocket..o0o0o0o.


As welll as reading (be a damn boring update if that was all I had to report eh?) I've been looking at my Digital Masters book, and a few sketchbooks, aswell as the dude who worked on God of Wars concept art...in short, I did some value studies, then tried to speed paint in some colour, it seems I suck at doing both in the same picture.

p.s. can you guess the film? I may have made the screen shot a sheeet load darker (clue).

Also, hopefully going to have a new sidebar soon with links to some damn fine artists i've been keeping tracks on in my tongue wagging stalkerish way.


(click to enlarge)


















(click to enlarge)

(click to enlarge)

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment